Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Ready for Felting!!


I finished knitting my NORO Booga Bag this weekend. I had planned to finish this and have it felted and lined for the craft sale for The Preemie Project, but it didn't happen. I have a couple of other bags of my own design that I am working on, and when I get a couple of them finished, I will felt them all in one load. My front-loader doesn't felt very well, so I'll take them to the laundry mat.

When I was in Alabama, I went to Yarn Expressions, and they had lovely sherbety colors of Cascade 220 and Galway. I didn't mean to buy it, but it was begging to come home with me, and jumped off the shelves. They are destined to be felted bags. I also plan to make some felted coasters with the left-overs. Hopefully, there will be pre-felted pics next week!

I saw a GREAT tip for making felted bags with i-cord handles - make the i-cord first, then you don't have to worry about running out of yarn, and you can use all of the remaining yarn for the bag. If you are really caught short, you can always use a crochet cast-off!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey feel free to bring those gorgeous bags to my house and we'll have a felting party! Might as well put the nail in the coffin of my ailing washer!!

:)

Melissa said...

The bag looks great. I really need to try my hand at felting