Thursday, June 21, 2007

Virtual Vacation Questionnaire

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
I've visited most of the states in the US, except the Pacific Northwest, Alaska and Hawaii. I would like to go on an Alaskan cruise to see the glaciers.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
I've traveled to several European countries, but I have always wanted to go to Prague in the Czech Republic. It looks like an interesting city to visit - romantic in a mysterious sort of way. I would also love to visit Italy, especially Venice. The concept of a city built on canals just fascinates me.

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
HA! What a FUNNY question!! I am an Army brat, so I have driven up and down the Atlantic seaboard more times than you can shake a stick at! And, with our comic business, TRHM and I drive hither and yon to all these shows we go to. I also drove from NJ to San Francisco when I was just barely preggers with my daughter. We drove back to San Francisco 2 months later ... my husband learned the hard way that when I said "Stop the car!" I meant now. We stopped at lots of car washes on the way ...

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?
When my daughter was a senior in high school, she and I took a sailing cruise along the Costa del Sol. One stop was Morrocco. We were looking forward to visiting Tangiers, but we hated being assaulted by the begging children.

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?
My favorite travel vacation was the cruise with my daughter. We had a wonderful time, and I feel very blessed to have a daughter who would choose to spend a week in a little shipboard cabin with her Mom. It was very luxurious, and a wonderful time together. We sailed from Lisbon to Barcelona, and spent 3 days in Barcelona before returning home.

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
I lived in San Franciso for 5 years, and whenever family came to town, we would show them the sights. Later, after I had moved back to NJ, a friend from CA came to visit me, and I took her to the Jersey Shore, the Amish Country, and Philadelphia. I love to play tourguide, especially when it involves "off the beaten path" activities!

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?
All of the above. Mostly a museum visitor, though. I love the water, and I like to walk on the beach. I am a big time people watcher, and there is always interesting people watching at the beach, lol!

8. What's your favorite type of yarn?
My favorite type of yarn is sock yarn - superwash is KEY! Everything ends up in the washer and dryer. I prefer wool, and am not particularly fond of silk.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?
Most novelty yarns. I like a little bling now and then, but not the hairy/furry type.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
Socks, socks, socks :) I also knit a lot of baby items and I really like to make felted bags.

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?
I am more of a weekend jaunt person than a long vacation person, even when I go to Europe, I hit fast - fly in on Fri, go home on Mon. Socks travel very well. When TRHM and I drive to shows, I usually bring a couple of pair of socks and a large project like a sweater or a felted bag.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
I love counted cross-stitch, needle tatting, quilting and sewing.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)
I am highly allergic to cats, but that is it.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?
My favorite colors are blue and green and any combination thereof - think ocean, and you will be fine. There really isn't a color that I dislike. I like all colors.

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?
Sweet - chocolate, the darker the better! And now, it's good for you :)

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?
Nope. I'm a good traveler - my Grandma always called me "The Merry Wonderer" (she was a Hummel collector). I am always ready to pack up my kit and go to the next place :) I've never known a stranger - they are only friends I haven't met, yet. I can't wait to see all the fun places we get to go on this virtual vacation!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You really must go on an Alaskan cruise someday and see the glaciers....they are beautiful. We went on one about eight years ago. And, I graduated from high school in the Bay Area...there were always so many fun sites to take our visitors to. Have fun on your virtual vacation!

K. Anne said...

ok, being from seattle, you HAVE TO go to the northwest! lol
i love the jewelry in your etsy shop!!!!