Monday, January 15, 2007

Started the Nantucket Jacket

I knit my swatch, but I didn't wash/block it. My guage is a little off - I am getting 4.25 stitches/inch. This will work out fine because the largest size of the pattern is just a teeny bit too small. I frogged my swatch and cast on - then realized I should have taken a pic of the swatch ... oh well. I decided to knit the two front pieces and the back together - this way the only seaming I will have to do is the shoulder and arm. I am planning to knit the arm in the round, so that will elimate that seam, as well. I would take a progress pic, but it isn't so exciting with just 4 rows ... hopefully next week there will be enough to be camera worthy!

No comments: