Monday, February 05, 2007

SKS* Question of the Week

SKS - Sensational Knitted Socks, a book of sock patterns.

I signed up for the SKS KAL, as this is my favorite source of sock patterns. This week's question is ....

How did you start making socks?

I started making socks because lots of The Knit Chicks make socks, and I didn't want to be one of those knitters who only wears "crappy store-bought socks", in the profound words of Jenn ... I used another sock book, "Knit Socks!" because I liked the can-do-ness of the title. And the book is shaped like a cute little sock. A picture of my first pair can be found here. After my first pair, I was hooked! I love hand-knitted socks, and my goal is to one day have a sock drawer filled with them! So far, I have 3 pair. One of these days, I'll get around to Kitchnering those red-white-blue ones, and I'll have 4 pair ...

No comments: