Sunday, April 29, 2007

No real progress to report

I've been sort of floundering in the knitting department. Nothing has been holding my interest this week.

I managed to get my Nantucket Jacket finished up to the armpits. So I am now ready to divide the fronts and back to work on each individually.

I started working on a layette sac from Phildar's website. This has been an interesting project because the pattern is in French. I started it, then frogged it and started again. The directions weren't making any sense at all, and then I noticed at the top, it said "chat". Um, yeah, that does mean "cat", not sac. That would be why I kept ending up with a long skinny tube. When I went back to the Phildar site, I realized what happened. I printed the WRONG pattern ...duh! I printed the correct pattern and started over. It's very boring - all stockinette. Maybe another day.

So I decided to put down my knitting needles and do a little crocheting. I got out a couple of pattern booklets, and chose a baby blanket. I started it 14 times. I gave up and took a nap.

My dyeable superwash sock yarn arrived, and I am ready to give dyeing my own sock yarn a try. I have Wilton icing coloring paste, and I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do. I had great success with Kool-aid dyeing earlier this year, so I feel pretty confident that it will turn out wonderfully. Now I just have to get past sitting at the table looking at the colors and trying to decide how to mix them. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Hogwarts Sock Swap Pal just checking in to see what you are up to! Sounds like you have been in the frog pond some.

K. Anne said...

Have fun dyeing! Last time i used Kool-Aid, I tinted my fingernails fuschia for a week! :P

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see the finished yarn. I've never tried it with Wilton food dyes. BTW, I'm your Knitting Gnome Swap partner, checking in to let you know I've got your data!!!