I've been sort of floundering in the knitting department. Nothing has been holding my interest this week.
I managed to get my Nantucket Jacket finished up to the armpits. So I am now ready to divide the fronts and back to work on each individually.
I started working on a layette sac from Phildar's website. This has been an interesting project because the pattern is in French. I started it, then frogged it and started again. The directions weren't making any sense at all, and then I noticed at the top, it said "chat". Um, yeah, that does mean "cat", not sac. That would be why I kept ending up with a long skinny tube. When I went back to the Phildar site, I realized what happened. I printed the WRONG pattern ...duh! I printed the correct pattern and started over. It's very boring - all stockinette. Maybe another day.
So I decided to put down my knitting needles and do a little crocheting. I got out a couple of pattern booklets, and chose a baby blanket. I started it 14 times. I gave up and took a nap.
My dyeable superwash sock yarn arrived, and I am ready to give dyeing my own sock yarn a try. I have Wilton icing coloring paste, and I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do. I had great success with Kool-aid dyeing earlier this year, so I feel pretty confident that it will turn out wonderfully. Now I just have to get past sitting at the table looking at the colors and trying to decide how to mix them. Wish me luck!