Friday, August 04, 2006

A new project



I started a baby blanket last night. This morning, over our morning bowl of Wheaties, TRHM asked me why I started it when there were so many other things I was working on. So I 'fessed up. I had left my knitting bag with my LBT in the car, and it was too hot and humid, and I was too lazy to go out to the parking lot to get it. My crochet hook and the yarn were in reach. We were watching the second episode of North and South on DVD, and I wanted something to keep my hands busy.

I made a "to do" list, and one of the things I am planning to do this afternoon is gather up all my UFOs and make a list for my "UFO August" KAL. I think I have more UFOs than I realize ... fortunately, next weekend is a long car ride - we are going to Rhode Island to visit Mom and Dad - Woo-Hoo!!!!

This weekend, I will be putting up some tomatoes, braised beef, and more blueberry jam. Stay tuned for interesting photos!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't blame you, if dinner was outside last night, I woulda skipped it (and it woulda gotten all squishy in the heat in like no time) Too freaking hot to be outside. You may need to put LBT in the freezer for awhile for it to recover!

Betty said...

Oh cool! You're doing UFO August too. The list I posted on the blog wasn't everything. ahemLBTahem LOL!