Friday, April 13, 2007

An FO!!


I finished my Purse for The Knitted Purse Swap 2. I am very pleased with it, and think it came out pretty good. I couldn't believe how incredibly soft the yarn is - it is Royal Bamboo by Plymouth. I hope that it is durable. One thing that I did not like about working with this yarn is that it splits like crazy! There are about 692 strands, and some always want to stay behind when you try to knit ... ugh! What a pain! But the fabric has a lovely drape, and I can see that it would make a wonderful summer sweater. I might have to bite the bullet and use it again!
I am in the process of packing the box of goodies to go into the mail tomorrow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bag is just gorgeous. It is stunning, and your swap partner will no doubt be thrilled!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous as I suspected it would be...lucky pal

A 30-something femme createrix said...

What a stunning bag :) I'm sure your pal will love it!

Anonymous said...

I really love this purse - it looks fantastic and so unique! Your pal is going to love it big time!

Devonshire said...

That bag is awesome! Is that a pattern you made up? Your pal loved it I see. I hear such good things about Bamboo yarn!

SissySees said...

I'm finally making my way around to some of the great blogs from the other felted bag swappers. I LOVE this bag! Of course, I'd have to learn to cable...