Sunday, May 20, 2007

Friday: Shopping in Columbus, OH


The first stop was Knitter's Merchantile. I think that is a great name for a yarn shop! And let me tell you, this shop was FULL of temptations! I know I promised shop photos, but I didn't bring the digi-cam ... sorry! This shop was in a new shopping center, and had two large windows. Entering the shop, the first thing encountered was the sales counter. There were all sorts of interesting goodies on the counter. The walls were lined with white bookshelves overflowing with yarn. Down the center of the shop, were two aisles formed by rows of white bookshelves back-to-back. To the right was a cozy seating area with a very comfy chocolate brown couch. Several racks of knit design booklets, two bookcases of knitting books and stacks of binders of pattern were available for perusal. As I walked along the right hand side of the shop, the shelves to the right were filled with all sorts of sock weight yarn. There were lots of handpainted skeins and balls of sock yarn of all kinds. One of the things I really liked about this shop is that all of the shelves of yarn had little signs indicating machine washable yarn. There were so many different kinds of superwash yarn - lots of colors and lots of different fibers. At the very back of the shop was a large display of knitting needles and notions. There were all sorts of needles - Addi Turbo, Inox, Lantern Moon, Colonial, Clover, etc. There was also a work table in the back of the room. There were two other aisles - each brimming with wonderful yarns. There were luxury fibers like cashmere and mohair, as well as novelty yarn and acrylics. The selection was amazing. I had a hard time deciding what to get. I decided that most of the shopping would be for my various swap projects, but I had left my list at the hotel! I picked up some notions, a hank of gorgeous handpainted merino and a ball of Lana Grossa superwash sock yarn.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Mmmmmmm, Noro!

Sounds like you are making the most of your trip. TRHM better sell enough comics to make room for all the yarn!

Anonymous said...

What? No Longaberger basket pictures? I didn't think there were any stores in Dublin without them!

Dora Gorodok