Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sunday: Shopping our way to Louisville!

The first stop was The Yarn Basket. I was so disappointed to see that they were closed! I was really looking forward to meeting a knitter whose hubby converted their garage into a yarn shop for her! Oh, well, maybe next year.

We forged ahead to Dayton, and arrived at our first destination, a comic shop, a little bit earlier than planned, and they weren't quite open. We sat at an outside cafe and enjoyed a cappucino and some gelato while we waited. This shop was a bookstore with the most interesting stuff! They had lots of little toys all over the place, and rows and rows of bookshelves filled with all sorts of interesting titles. TRHM looked through the limited comic collection, but did not find anything of interest. So we went to the next stop - a comic shop. There we found a couple of books, but that was it.


The next stop was a lovely yarn shop called Fiberge'. They have FIVE rooms of knitty goodness! The shop is so cute - it looks like a little cottage in the woods. Upon entering the shop, I found myself in a large spacious room with cubbies full of colorful yarn. There was a wall of Cascade, and a wall of Noro. The sales counter was opposite the wall of Cascade, and there were all sorts of beautiful handcrafted knitting notions on the counter. One of the things that I really liked about this shop was that they carry lots of goodies to include in my swap packages!

Passing through the main room, the first thing that caught my eye was this gorgeous lavender display. This room held all sorts of goodies - tea, candles, bubble bath, beautiful handcrafted buttons - all sorts of little luxuries. On the other side of the room are shelves of luxury fibers.






Through this room, to the left, is a room full of knitting needles, notions, sock yarn, Euroflax, baby yarn and patterns. There was a small room behind this, as well, with sale bins! My favorite! Gotta love a good sale :) I picked up some Regia Silk in Gryffindor colors for the second round of Hogwarts swaps - you never know when you are going to get a Gryffindor swap pal, and girl has to be prepared for all possibilities, you know! They also had lovely handpainted pillows with wonderful sayings on them.




I bought goodies for my swap packages and sock yarn.



1 comment:

Crafty Canadian said...

What great finds, I am super jealous of all the great yarn shops you are getting to. I will have to see if any of my friends would be interested in a yarn expedition road trip this summer.
Stacey