Sunday, January 21, 2007

Knitted Purse Swap 2!

Becky has started the Knitted Purse Swap 2! I can't wait to start. The last swap was wonderful - I made a messenger bag for Mel, and she loved it. She sent me a beautiful purse lined with ladybugs! It was so much fun, that I immediately signed up for the second swap. This one is a secret swap, so I don't know who my pal is, and my pal doesn't know it is me :)

We were asked to post the answers to some questions to help our pal out with making our purse.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I prefer natural fibers for my own knitting, but I do a lot of charity knitting with acrylic. I knit for The Preemie Project, and the skin of the babies is so delecate that even the softest wool can irritate it. I also do some charity knitting that requires that the objects are easy to care for, and are machine washable and dryable. So I use acrylic for that, as well. I am not fond of most novelty yarns, especially anything "furry".

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I store my crochet hooks, straights and most of my DPNs in a tall coffee mug on my dresser. I also have a nifty binder with clear zipper pages that I use for my circs and some of the other DPNs.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I consider myself to be an adventurous intermediate knitter. I had the bestest knitting teacher in the world, and she taught me to knit in 2004. The most important thing that she taught me was that just because the pattern says to do it that way doesn't mean that is the only way. You don't have to follow the pattern! What a concept! Amazing.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

Vanilla (yes, I know, b-o-r-i-n-g!!)

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Chocolate, dark chocolate. Is there any other kind of candy?

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I haven't tried spinning. I do lots of other needlecrafts - I quilt, sew, cross-stitch and crochet.

8. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favorite colors are the color of the sea - grey, blue and green, and any combination thereof. There really aren't any colors that I can't stand.

9. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

My kids are grown up, I live with my boyfriend, and he has 2 teen-aged sons that we spend time with on the weekends. They live in the same town, so sometimes we do things with them during the week, especially in the summer.

I can't even talk TRHM into a ChiaPet...

10. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

For myself - socks! I love knitting baby items for The Preemie Project.

11. What are you knitting right now?

A Nantucket Jacket from IK Winter 2006 (for me), socks (for me), a baby sweater (for TPP) and finishing a Christmas present

12. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Yes. It depends on what I am knitting. I love KP Options, and I have lots of Addi Turbos. I also have aluminum straights in just about every size. I like bamboo, especially for socks, and I have DPNs in bamboo in all sizes for that.

13. Is there anything that you collect?

Ladybugs. Especially glass ladybugs.

No comments: